The Longbridge Patriot is run by your local British National Party activists.
Disclaimer:
Please note that these posts are entirely the opinion of the authors and not the British National Party.

Friday, 18 September 2009

QUESTION? IS HALAL MEAT ON YOUR CHILDS SCHOOL MENU?

From a report by R&M from The Billesley Patriot Blog.

This is a question all parents need to ask themselves? It is quite possible that it is and you don't even know it and the school aren't telling you (this decision is usually a financial one). Halal is a vile, barbaric process (better known as ritual slaughter...as mentioned in a previous post on The Billesley Patriot about 'halal pizzas') We could have included graphic pictures, but assure you most people could live without seeing them, even in black and white! There are parents up and down this country starting to ask this question more frequently and saying 'NO' to their children eating Halal school meals. This is Shariah Law alive and kicking in the schools of Great Britain; even in schools where less than 5% of the population are Muslim, schools are routinely giving ALL children Halal meat for convenience, to save money and to be politically correct. The British Navy ONLY serves Halal meat despite the fact that only a tiny percentage of its personnel are muslims. A lot of schools are of the attitude of what parents don't know won't hurt them or 'most parents are too stupid to even know what Halal is' (quote from a Deputy Head of a Birmingham school.)

The time has come for the parents of white, Christian, British children to start asking questions and saying NO to Halal, NO to visiting mosques, NO to celebrating alien faiths and cultures
and

YES to humanely killed meat, YES to visits to churches and cathedrals and YES to celebrating Christian/English/British culture, history, traditions and values. Speak to your child's teacher or head teacher, ask awkward questions, stick up for the rights of your children, and if they are being served Halal meat say NO.
(How long before your child comes home with a HAPPY EID card?)

Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Kraft plan another asset stripping of our nation's confectionery manufacturers

A TAKEOVER of Cadbury by Kraft would threaten the “long-term survival” of the chocolate maker’s historic Bournville factory and its 2,500 jobs, it is claimed.

A local Councillor who represents the Bournville, Cotteridge and Stirchley ward for the Tories, issued a dire warning over the future of the factory if the US giant forces through a takeover.

Kraft has so far seen its initial £10.2 billion bid for Cadbury rejected by the chocolate maker but City experts predict the approach could now trigger a bidding war for the UK group.

The councillor who is also prospective Conservative Parliamentary candidate for Selly Oak, said: “Cadbury is now one of our great British brands and world leading companies."

“It would be a tragedy if it was allowed to be taken over by an American food giant."

“This country simply cannot afford to let yet another great British company fall into the hands of foreign ownership."

“We have lost so many of these kinds of companies over the last 40 years."

"Either they go bust, like our car industry, or they fall under foreign control as was the fate of such icons as ICI, British Oxygen and Rolls Royce."

"No matter what assurances they get a takeover would threaten the long term survival of the Cadbury factory in Bournville and that would be a disaster for Bournville and for Birmingham.”

He further said Kraft had “no particular allegiance to Birmingham or Bournville.

“Kraft are a huge predatory American company. Americans are what Americans are. If they can move manufacturing elsewhere in their empire at better profits, they will."

“This is scary. In the long-term, I would fear for the level of activity at Cadbury. We have so few large manufacturing companies left in this country.”

Speculation is mounting that the world’s other big confectionery groups, including Nestle, Mars and Hershey, could now come in with their own bids for Cadbury in the wake of Kraft’s rejected takeover approach.

The fact Cadburys is still a public limited company and this is a hostile bid, unless Kraft withdraws or increases their measly offer, or unless other bidders now enter the bidding, then there is a simple process and the shareholders will be asked if they want to take the present price on offer after the Cadbury board issues its own written advice and its own proposals.

However, as in other industries, the company threatened could launch a counter bid, i.e Cadbury to buy out Kraft. Their bankers should be able to offer finance to Cadbury, based solely on the assets of the target company.

We could follow that by relocating much of Kraft to The West Midlands on the wastelands produced by the state engineered Longbridge car industry collapse and thus boosting our economy here no end.

Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Ex-Longbridge workers face payout wait

MORE than 6,000 ex-Longbridge workers face more months of waiting for four-figure payouts from the employee Trust Fund – despite the imminent release of the Government report into the collapse of MG Rover.
With Government publication of the report into the demise of Longbridge due on Friday, workers were warned today by Phoenix Venture Holdings of further lengthy delays to payments.
In a letter to MG Rover Trust Fund member Carl Chinn, fellow member and PVH non-executive director Nigel Petrie said: “I should make it clear that the completion and publication of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills report cannot automatically trigger the disbursement of the Trust Fund.
“The process from now onwards is to settle all remaining assets and the liabilities and the directors are hopeful that once the DBIS report is published this process can be completed in a matter of months.
“Suggestions that disbursement can happen immediately fail to take into account the businesses processes involved in the liquidation of a solvent company.
“When this process is complete, the directors will resign their positions and pass the company and its assets to an insolvency practitioner who will perform what is known as a ‘members’ voluntary liquidation’ process.
“The cash generated then passes to the Trust Fund for the trustees to distribute as they see fit.”

Sunday, 6 September 2009

Criminal runs Birmingham drugs ring from a Panama prison cell

COPS want to extradite a Brummie criminal mastermind from Panama, where he has been running an international drugs ring by mobile phone from his prison cell.
Officers from SOCA, the Government’s Serious Organised Crime Agency, are probing the role of 52 year-old Birmingham gangster Leo Francis Morgan in the plot.
Morgan is currently serving a 10-year prison sentence for drugs offences in El Renacer prison – the hellhole which inspired the nightmarish Sona jail in TV show Prison Break.
From his cell, by the banks of the Panama Ship canal, he is said to be involved in a cocaine conspiracy which stretches all the way back to the UK.
Details of the gangster’s involvement only came to light when undercover SOCA officers smashed a conspiracy to flood Britain’s streets with drugs by notorious Liverpool villain George Moon.
It was Moon, 62, who orchestrated the UK end of the cocaine ring from his own prison cell at HMP Lindholme in Doncaster, using a mobile phone to contact Morgan in Panama.
Together, they plotted to smuggle cocaine with a street value of £300,000 into the UK.
Moon was sentenced to a further 18 years in prison at Liverpool Crown Court earlier this month for his part in the case.
Also jailed were Anthony Parry, 39, of Liverpool – said to be Moon’s right-hand man – Bilaal Khan, 27 of Bradford; Abid Hussain, 22, of Bradford; Lee Standeven, 24 of Widnes, and Harminder Singh, 25 of West Yorkshire.
Now, investigators are now turning their sights on Brummie Morgan.
Details of his life are scant but inquiries by the Sunday Mercury have revealed a violent past of armed robbery and drug dealing across Britain.
Originally from Frankley, Birmingham, Morgan fell in with what one former undercover cop described as “the number one armed robbery gang in England” during the 1980s.
Retired detective Ronnie Howard was part of a covert surveillance team which observed Morgan and the rest of his gang ‘casing’ a Harborne bank in 1986.
They watched in secret as Morgan, alongside ringleader Hubert Lloyd Forbes, and henchmen Wesley Augustus Stewart, John Bullivant and Lionel Alfonso Webb, staked out a security van’s movements for three weeks.
Cops pounced before the gang could strike and found a kilo of cocaine and a suitcase full of £13,000 worth of burned banknotes at Forbes’s palatial Edgbaston home.
But although Forbes was convicted on drugs offences, the rest of the gang was acquitted at a trial later that year, claiming that they were only meeting to discuss a drug deal.
“Make no mistake,” said ex-cop Howard. “This lot were as savage as they came, and they would not have thought twice about shooting anyone who got in their way.
“I know they were implicated in a number of jobs across the north of England back in the day but I only ever ran into them in this case.
“But they were in the Premier League of their criminal world and lived a champagne lifestyle of fast cars and glamorous women.”
The gang split up soon after their acquittal – but did not prosper.
John Bullivant was sent to prison for 25 years in the late 1980s for a botched armed robbery in Redditch, Worcestershire in which he shot at a policeman.
Lionel Alfonso Webb became an estate agent in London but was murdered in 1989 when he was shot in the face by an unknown killer.
The murder has never been solved but one theory is that it was a revenge attack for undercutting some rivals in overseas property transactions, although ex-cop Howard firmly believes a drug connection is more likely.
“This gang was no different to a lot of other hardened criminals in the late 80s.
“They realised it was safer and easier to make money in drugs then armed robbery, which was run by public schoolboys and hippies back then, so they easily took over that world.
“So for Leo Morgan to turn up running a drugs empire from his prison cell in Latin America is no surprise to me at all. He will be running that place with all the money I’m sure he’ll have.”
Swooped
According to sources in Panama Morgan fled the UK in 1992 to escape charges of importing cannabis and set himself up on a farm in the countryside.
But he was soon back to his old ways.
Panamanian police swooped on his farm and found 110 kilos of cocaine with a street value of half a million pounds.
He was sentenced to 10 years in the country’s tough El Rencaser prison which was considered so dangerous in the 1980s that the famous 82nd Airborne Division of the US Army assaulted and secured it during the invasion of Panama in 1989.
A rambling, ramshackle assortment of barbed wired buildings and cramped, unhygienic conditions in which prisoners are crammed into rat-infested cells, it is considered a law unto itself by many in Panama.
Tuberculosis, AIDS, and other diseases are common among the prison population. Gang tension is also rife and life is cheap, with money being the only guarantee of safety. Drugs are dealt freely in full view of prison guards.
The prison has housed some of South America’s most feared criminals and terrorists and its location close to the Panama Canal means it is ideally situated for drug traffickers moving their product from Colombia by sea.
One ex-pat journalist who works in Panama City confided that El Rencaser is considered a “country club for hardened criminals”.
Incredibly, it was from here that Morgan would receive phone calls from George Moon on a smuggled mobile and then use his extensive contacts in the Latin American underworld to arrange the consignments.
The parcels, made to look like engineering parts, were sent to Cork, Ireland, and then brought into Britain by fellow gang members.
The plot was finally exposed in May 2008 when prison guards became suspicious and seized a notebook from Moon’s prison cell containing phone numbers and details about the gang, helping police crack the case.

LOCAL NEWS, Northfield, Weoley & Longbridge by Brummieenoch


For anyone who uses the new road/traffic lights in Northfield,Birmingham


Contact has been made with the local Councillors{Tory} for an explanation regarding increased Traffic problems in Northfield and the ongoing problems with the traffic light system on the corner of Frankley Beeches road and Bristol Road South. Since the New road has been in operation the traffic through Northfield has been reduced,but the traffic light system is becoming a worry which could result in a severe accident. But due to the regeneration of Northfield {long over due}we now have an Aldi supermarket with spaces for around 70 cars, guess what? This has now bought traffic back onto the street of Northfield. Also the Bournville college is to be relocated in the Longbridge area{date, unsure}. I await the reply from the councillors{Tory}. In the past contact was made with the Labour M.P for Northfield but alas he was found to be lacking in, shall we say enthusiasm.
Reposted from Brummieenoch on The Weoley Castle Patriot

About Longbridge

  • According to the 2001 Population Census there were 30,964 people resident in Longbridge.
  • The area is 8.2 square KM in size, with a population density of 3,789 people per square KM , this compares with 3,649 people per square KM for Birmingham.
  • 24.6% of people were aged under 16, 57.7% were aged between 16 and 59, while 17.6% were aged over 60. The average age was 35.8, compared with 36 years for Birmingham.
  • The minority ethnic population made up 6.8% (2,117) of the ward’s population, compared with 29.6% for Birmingham.
  • 57.9% of households were owner occupied and 35% were rented from either the local authority, housing association or other registered social landlord. The remaining 7.1% of households rented privately or lived rent free.
  • The Census found that 13,953 (65.4%) of the population aged 16 to 74 were working or seeking work, this compared with 60.4% for Birmingham